View composites of maps, images, and other geodata layers in Google Maps, Google Earth, TNTmap Open, or TNTmap Viewer. Use TNTmap to locate, organize, and view these geographic materials from sites publishing them in standard Open Geospatial Consortium protocols (Web Map Service [WMS] and also via a Web Feature Service [WFS] for Google Maps). TNTmap is also available as a web application for use in Safari, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera, and Internet Explorer for Windows, Linux, and Solaris.
- TNTmap Builder: A browser for locating and managing sites that publish maps and images and other location-based data as WMS or WFS layers. It provides access to publicly available catalogs (lists) of thousands of sites offering geographic materials in these standard formats. You can then select and arrange layers from one or more sites for use in any of the viewers. This is the startup window and can be reopened using the TNTmap Builder icon provided in all the other windows. Extensive help on the operation and use of this widget can also be accessed from this window.
- Google Maps: Use this icon in the Builder window to flip it over to view the WMS and WFS layers you have selected in a Google Maps viewer. These new layers can be used together with the Google Maps image or map. The Google Maps viewer has also been extended to provide on/off control of all image and map layers, a zoom box, and information tools.
- Google Earth: Use this icon in the Builder window to launch your installation of Google Earth with the layers you have selected from WMSs as Temporary Places.
- TNTmap Open: Use this icon in the Builder window to flip it over to view the WMS layers you have selected in MicroImagesâ€™ TNTmap Open viewer. This custom viewer supports using Google Maps images, address searching, legends for each layer, scale input, and coordinate readout. It uses the OpenLayers components available from OSGeo and for modification by anyone.
- TNTmap Viewer: Use this icon in the Builder window to flip it over to view the WMS layers you have selected in MicroImagesâ€™ TNTmap viewer. This custom viewer is similar to the TNTmap Open viewer but does not use OSGeo components and provides advanced features, such as circumference and area measurement.
- Preferences. The Builder and viewer windows all support the use of the dashboard â€œiâ€ icon to flip to a seperate preference window for each.
Whats New in this Version
- Simplified user interface.
- Overlay layers in Google Maps from Web Feature Services (WFS)
- Functional with Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
- Flip-side preference panel for each viewer.
Apple is providing links to these applications as a courtesy, and makes no representations regarding the applications or any information related thereto. Any questions, complaints or claims regarding the applications must be directed to the appropriate software vendor.