Eligibility and qualifications
- Free recycling is available for eligible institutions having 25 or more pieces* to recycle. Apple will accept computers, monitors, and peripherals from any manufacturer, except products contaminated or suspected of being contaminated with chemicals, biological agents, or other substances not integral to the original new equipment or otherwise associated with normal office or household environments. Apple will not accept hazardous waste or batteries that are not an integral part of the system being recycled, UPS systems, CRTs that have been removed from their cases, or CRTs that are cracked or broken under this program.
- Institutions must register products for recycling prior to shipping them. Registration for free recycling is available from May 14, 2012, through August 31, 2012. Institutions must have the registered products ready for Apple to pick up, per the packaging and location requirement as stated in these terms and conditions, by October 5, 2012.
- Qualified Customers should go to www.apple.com/education/recycling or call 800-APPLE-LN (800-277-5356) to register for the program.
- Institutions must pack and shrink-wrap the computer pieces on pallets for pick up at accessible first floor locations. Institutions must provide their own pallets and shrink-wrap.
- Apple will contact approved registrants to coordinate the shipment of the products to be recycled. Apple will provide all transportation of the products from the institution’s facilities at no cost to the institution, provided the packaging and location of the pieces are as required by these terms and conditions.
- Public institutions must comply with all applicable provisions of law governing the disposal of public assets.
Notice regarding data
Apple is not responsible for the loss or confidentiality of data on recycled equipment. Before shipping equipment, institutions should:
- Delete data on the hard-disk drives and any other storage devices in the products
- Back up or transfer any data prior to deletion
- Remove any removable media, such as diskettes, CDs, or PC Cards
Once an institution ships products for recycling, Apple cannot return them to the sender. Participation in this program constitutes a relinquishment of all rights to and in the hardware and other computer materials sent to Apple.
Limitation of liability
Apple provides this service as an accommodation and accepts no liability to any person for any services performed in connection with the recycling offered in these terms. Apple specifically disclaims liability for lost profits, loss of business or other consequential, special, indirect, or punitive damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Apple is not responsible for any printing errors. Apple reserves the right to change, without notice, the Terms and Conditions or end or modify the offer at any time.