Emailing a Movie
You can easily share your movies by publishing them on YouTube. Or you may simply want to email a short 30-second movie to friends or family. But, be careful: If you email a gigantic movie file, it could take up all the space in your friend’s email inbox. Try to keep any movie file you email under 2MB.
To email a movie file:
- Click Share > Export using QuickTime. A settings dialog appears.
- Give your movie a name and choose where to save it. You might want to save it to your desktop.
- Choose “Movie to QuickTime Movie” from the Export pop-up menu.
- Choose a compression preference from the Use popu-up menu. This selection determines how QuickTime will adjust settings to compress your movie and minimize its file size.
- Click Save. iMovie renders your QuickTime movie and saves it to the location selected in Step 2.