Extending Audio over Cutaways
It’s common to cut from one clip to another and have the audio from the first clip continue to play after the second video clip begins.
To extend audio across multiple clips:
- In the Project area, select the clip that contains the audio you’d like to extend into a second clip. Select the last few seconds of the first clip that contain the audio you want.
- To split the first clip, choose Edit > Split Clip.
- Control-click the selected clip and choose “Reveal in Event Browser.”
- In the Event browser, Command-Shift-drag the clip to extract the audio and place it at the start of the next clip.
- Delete the video portion of the clip you split in step 2.
Because you’ve extracted the audio from exactly the part of the clip you split, the audio seamlessly plays across the next shot.