Keywords help you quickly identify clips that share a common attribute.
To assign keywords:
- Choose Preferences from the iMovie menu. At the bottom of the Preferences window, select the Show Advanced Tools checkbox.
- Click the Keyword button in the iMovie toolbar or press K on your keyboard.
- When the Keywords window appears, click the Inspector button at the top.
- In the Event browser, select all the clips to which you’d like to assign a keyword.
- In the Keywords window, click the keyword that you’d like to assign to the clips. iMovie tags all the selected clips with the keyword and puts a blue line at the top of the clip.
To find video tagged with keywords:
- Choose Window > Keyword Filter or click the Keyword Filter button to open the “Filter by Keywords” pane.
- In the “Filter by Keywords” pane, select the keywords you want to use to “filter” the video and find the frames you want.
- At the bottom of the pane, click one of the filtering buttons to show or hide the video tagged with the selected keywords.
Any finds all the video tagged with one or more of the keywords you’ve selected.
All finds only the video tagged with the combination of keywords you’ve selected.
Include shows the video tagged with the selected keywords.
Exclude hides the video tagged with the selected keywords.