Rotating and Straightening Photos
iPhoto makes it easy to change the orientation of a photo in your iPhoto library.
To rotate a photo:
- Click the photo you want to rotate.
- In the toolbar, click the Rotate button one to three times to achieve the proper orientation.
In addition to making it easy to rotate photos, iPhoto also provides a Straighten tool you can use to straighten them.
To straighten a photo:
- Click the photo you want to straighten.
- Click the Edit button in the toolbar.
- Click the Straighten button. The Straighten slider appears, and iPhoto superimposes a grid of yellow lines on the photo.
- Drag the slider to the left or right to adjust your photo. In many cases, aligning the horizon in your photo with one of the yellow horizontal grid lines works well.
- Click Done to complete the process.