use with iPad/iMac/ & PC
Can I use this device with my iPad 2?
Can I take it from my Mac at Home to my PC at work seamlessly?
If not, is there another external storage device I should be looking at between 500GB and 1 TB ?
- Asked by Andrew B from Wpg
- Flag as inappropriate (use with iPad/iMac/ & PC)
- Asked about: LaCie 1TB Porsche Design Portable H…
1 Answer from the Community
There is no easy way to use an external hard drive with an iPad or any other common tablet computer. It will work on a PC and Mac. Another issue is that different operating systems use different filesystems. Windows typically uses NTFS, while Mac OS X can read from NTFS, but can't write to it. Linux can read and write to NTFS. Linux typically uses ext4, which can't be accessed at all from Mac OS X or Windows. Mac OS X uses HFS+, which can be accessed from Linux but not Windows. Fat32 will work on all operating systems, but it has some limitations (for example it doesn't support files larger than 4 GB). Fat32 is currently your only option if you want to use the drive on both PC and Mac and need read/write support on Mac.
- Answered by Alexander J from Winston-salem
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
CAN IT BE USE TO BACK UP PC?
- Asked by Paulo P from Heredia
- Apr 2, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (CAN IT BE USE TO BACK UP PC?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Can you use this controller on a PC for gaming ?
- Asked by Lee M
- Nov 19, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this controller on a PC for gaming ?)
- Asked about: SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless Gaming …
Can I use this to transfer files from a PC to a MacBook?
- Asked by Daniel G from Whitehouse Station
- Dec 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to transfer files from a PC to a MacBook?)
- Asked about: USB-C Charge Cable (2m)