Is this compatible with a Mac for Skype/Facetime?
Looking for wireless option for Mac. And even better if it can connect multiple devices (iPad, iPhone, mac).
- Asked by Susan O from Lafayette
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with a Mac for Skype/Facetime?)
3 Answers from the Community
I recently bought the A170 and it successfully pairs with my 3GS Phone and Mac Book Pro. I have initiated a Skype call with it, which is great over and above a wired headset, and music from either source is picked up and over-ridden by incoming calls. During the day pairing with the Mac drops off now and then. Switching the head set off then on it re-pairs but if I were using it for a lot of Skype or Face Time it may be less than satisfactory. (In case it makes a difference I will admit I am working mainly from Windows on a Parallels Desk Top.) It is too new, and little used for me to come to a final conclusion with the Mac, but in general I am very pleased with the A170. Easy to use, comfortable fit (with three options), and the voice control "Answer or Ignore" is a great feature. BUT I had a really rough voice from a cough when I originally set it up and now that my voice is normal it seems a bit hiss and miss as to whether it responds. I'm going to post a new question on that matter.
- Answered by Hilary A W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
On a recent Mac that has working Bluetooth, this headset can be used for all sound functions. It pairs readily and this headset supports two active devices simultaneously.
You can listen to all audio and use it as a microphone for all applications.
- Answered by Alan E from Upper Arlington
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I bought this yesterday and it is useable on a Mac, I also use it on my Iphone. Not sure if you can connect to a third device though.
- Answered by Zuleika R from Syracuse
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Compatibility with GarageBand '11 on Mac?
- Asked by Andrew S from Warren
- Aug 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Compatibility with GarageBand '11 on Mac?)
- Asked about: Apogee JAM Guitar Input
are these compatible with my mac?
- Asked by Lorraine D from Shaker Heights
- Feb 5, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (are these compatible with my mac?)
- Asked about: Beats by Dr. Dre Solo2 On-Ear Headp…
are they compatible with a mac
- Asked by James F from Maple Shade
- Jul 8, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (are they compatible with a mac)
- Asked about: Bowers & Wilkins MM-1 Speakers