Will the remote work on the new mac desktop computer?
Like to play movies and shows on Quicktime and DVD player?
- Asked by Kerry A from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the remote work on the new mac desktop computer?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, the apple remote is completely functional with the new desktop computers released by Apple. How do I know? Its because I own iMac 27" and the remote works fine.
To Double check, go to "System Preferences" > "Security" > "General" > Under "For all accounts on this computer" if you have an option to "Disable remote control infrared receiver" then the remote will operate with your Mac.
- Answered by Abhishek M from Maidstone
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
It will not work on a Mac Pro...booooo
- Answered by Paul S from Bristol
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
will it work on the desktop computers
- Asked by Lisa S from Clearfield
- Jan 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (will it work on the desktop computers)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
I need a laptop and a desktop. What is the best combo?
- Asked by Lee G from Saint Matthews
- Jan 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I need a laptop and a desktop. What is the best combo?)
- Asked about: Mac