Can i hook up to a printer and print from the Ipad using the usb cable?
Will I be able to hook my HP printer up to the Ipad through the USB cable and print documents, pictures or whatever I need?
- Asked by Chadwick B from Fairmount
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i hook up to a printer and print from the Ipad using the usb cable?)
9 Answers from the Community
No, Apple mobile devices that run iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) can only print to an AirPrint enable WiFi printer on the same Wireless network. Most new HP printers feature AirPrint.
- Answered by Skyler H from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
no you need to use the wireless technology called air print and you must have a air print compatible printer.
- Answered by Ken R from Boise
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
If it's an HP wireless printer you can download HP ePrint software from The App Store and print directly from pictures on your iPad, email accounts, the web, and cloud storage that your iPad accesses.
Other printer manufacturers may have similar software available, and there may be 3rd party apps too.
- Answered by Michael B from Glencoe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The best way is to use a printer with Air Print support. The Epson Workforce 2450 is an example. I use it to print anything from my patio to my office, about 30 ft away and it works fine. The key is "Air Print". Any printer with this feature is ok. The wireless feature is not enough.
- Answered by Jonathan J from Greenville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The other option is to download Printer Pro by Reddle. Once set up it will allow you to print to any wireless printer. Great app!
- Answered by Christopher C A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
No, but you can get Printer Pro on App Store to use any wireless printer, if your printer does not have wireless, Get and plug usb in the back of AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme, or Time capsule
Then open the app and your printer will be set up for Printer Pro
Or use built in AirPrint (Most HP printers).
- Answered by Lioubov M from North Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
No,but can to air printer.
- Answered by Pearl P from Avella
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
You can always mail a document to your laptop of desktop and print from there
- Answered by Bram D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
No need as the most of printers of HP have wireless connectivity and the old model of some printers that don't have the feature of wireless printing they are useless and you should upgrade your printer to laser jet
- Answered by Dr. M. P. Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
How to Hook up iPad air with cable to printer??
- Asked by Thomas M from Englewood
- Flag as inappropriate (How to Hook up iPad air with cable to printer??)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
No answers yet
Will having a printer in the USB port of the AirPort Express allow me to print?
- Asked by Adrian K from Spartanburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Will having a printer in the USB port of the AirPort Express allow me to print?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Can you use the USB adapter to plug in a printer?
- Asked by Penny S
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the USB adapter to plug in a printer?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit