Can the Lightning to VGA adaptor charge the iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch when being used?
4 Answers from the Community
Yes it can be used to charge the iOS device while being used. The adapter has an input for a lightning cable, so if you plug in the lightning cable (attached to a charger) to the adapter, the iPhone/iPad/iPod will charge while you are using the VGA adapter.
- Answered by Brian G from Salem
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No it won't as it doesn't receive any power from the connector, it may actually drain the battery slightly when in use compared to normal use.
- Answered by James M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Not in my experience. It charges my iPhone 5, but my 4th Gen iPad actually says "Not Charging" when it's plugged in. I'm taking the adapter back tomorrow in the hopes I got a dud and the next one will work.
- Answered by Lance P from Kennedale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, I just tried it. My iPhone 5 will charge when it has the adaptor plugged in to the phone while my computer is plugged into the lightning port on the adaptor.
- Answered by Martin D from Perth
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Can this wire be used to charge your USB-C Macbook using the same USB plug that charges iPhones and iPads?
- Asked by Garry T
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this wire be used to charge your USB-C Macbook using the same USB plug that charges iPhones and iPads?)
- Asked about: Belkin USB-A to USB-C Charge Cable …
My iphone AC Adaptor model is, A 1265. Can I use my iphone AC Adaptor to charge my 16 GB ipod Touch?
- Asked by Catherine K from Lima
- Flag as inappropriate (My iphone AC Adaptor model is, A 1265. Can I use my iphone AC Adaptor to charge my 16 GB ipod Touch?)
- Asked about: Apple 5W USB Power Adapter