Trade-In and Recycle Programme for Education
Apple has long been focused on eco-friendly product design and packaging, a concept which extends to the disposal of electronic equipment.
Out with the old
Sometimes, to make room for new equipment, you need to dispose of existing systems and then find the funds to pay for new purchases from an ever tightening budget.
Trade in used equipment from any manufacturer,
and apply value to your new products.
With Apples Trade-In Programme for Education*, Apple will not only help you remove old products, but will also help you recover any remaining value to help offset the cost of a new purchase. Apple, in conjunction with its third-party vendor, also removes data and provides a disposition report for each system with residual value to facilitate your asset management.
Free recycling of used equipment from any manufacturer for Apple customers.
With Apple’s Recycle Programme for Education, Apple (in conjunction with its third-party vendor) will ensure a safe and environmentally friendly disposal of your assets that meets highest standards of recycling. This service – including collection, transport, recycling and certificate – is free for any Apple customer. This service is open to any brand, and is not limited in volume.
In with the new
- Mobile labs Apple Learning Labs provide a great solution for schools that need an affordable way to increase student access to the latest technology.
- Notebooks As with all Macs, each compact and durable Intel-based MacBook comes with iLife preinstalled, making it a great complement to your instructional setting right out of the box!
- Desktops Apple’s Intel Core 2 Duo processor-based iMac is the perfect space saving all-in-one solution for traditional desktops or computer labs.
- Mac mini Looks can be deceiving. Home to a powerful Intel Core 2 Duo processor, this incredibly small yet affordable Mac mini works with your existing displays, keyboards and mice to make the most of your budget.
Leveraging Apples Trade-In and Recycle Programme allows you to recover value from your existing equipment. It also ensures that your retired equipment will be disposed of in the most environmentally sound manner.
- All returned equipment is recycled in compliance with all national and European requirements.
- All recycled hard drives are ground into confetti-sized pieces.
- Data on all hard drives to be resold is overwritten three times and sanitised.
- Apple has an accredited process for the deletion of data and all used facilities are ISO 27001 certified.
- On request, customers may receive a certificate of destruction for each lot recycled.
- All asset tags and other identifying information are removed prior to disposition.
- Waste arising from Apple’s EU recycling programme is recycled inside the EU.
- No waste from Apple’s EU recycling programme is shipped outside European Union.
- Equipment in good working order can be traded in for a bank transfer or for a cheque.
Apple and the environment. Learn more
Contact your Apple Sales Representative or apply online
* Please note that this programme is subject to Terms and Conditions that will be provided to you by Apple's third party vendor.
* You are responsible for ensuring that the disposition of your equipment through the Apple Recycling and Trade-in and Recycle programme for Education is consistent with all applicable European, national, and local laws and regulations.