Change the Position of the Dock
Mac OS X lets you customise the Dock in a number of ways.
If you choose Dock from the Apple menu and select Dock Preferences, a dialogue will open giving you access to all of the Dock customisation options.
Use them to:
- change the size of the Dock
- turn Magnification On (or Off) by clicking the check box and, if On, the degree of Magnification
- indicate where you’d like the Dock to appear
- select the effect (Genie or Scale) used to minimise a window
- check the Animate box, which makes the icon for an application bounce when you open it
- check the box to have Mac OS X hide the Dock when it’s not being used