Credit Card & Debit Card
Choose a topic:
- Can I change my payment method?
- Are my Credit/Debit card details secure?
- What Credit/Debit cards can I pay with?
- When will my debit card be charged?
- When will my credit card be charged?
- Why was my credit card payment not processed?
- My credit card was declined, can I re-authorise it?
- Can I change my billing address?
- What if the shipping address differs from the billing address?
- Can I place an order using a non-Irish credit card?
Can I change my payment method?
The payment method for an order cannot be amended once the order has been submitted to Apple. To chose an alternative payment method, you will need to cancel your existing order and place a new order with your preferred payment method. Please note that when cancelling credit card orders, it can take up to 3 days for the payment authorisation to be removed by your credit card company. As debit cards are charged at time of ordering, Apple will need to process a refund if you decide to cancel your order.
Are my Credit/Debit card details secure?
The security of Apple Store servers is closely monitored to prevent any unauthorised disclosure or use of credit card numbers and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. The Apple Store uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) industry standard, the highest level of security available today for web-secured applications. SSL relies on a pair of public an private key technologies provided by Verisign, Inc. and based on a 40-bit encryption algorithm developed by RSA Data Security, Inc.
What Credit/Debit cards can I pay with?
- American Express
When will my debit card be charged?
Our bank will automatically debit your account for the value of your order when the order has been placed and accepted by Apple.
When will my credit card be charged?
When you place your order, Apple request authorisation to charge the order amount from your credit card company. Once we have received approval, Apple reserve the amount on your card until all items are available and your order has shipped. Your card will be charged when your order has shipped.
Why was my credit card payment not processed?
Your credit card company may have declined authorisation to debit your card due to one of the below mentioned reasons. If such a situation arises, we will inform you of this via email:
- there may be a credit limit on your account
- the incorrect card type, number or expiry date was accidentally selected when placing the order
- there were dashes or spaces in the account number that could not be recognised
- a simple administrative step taken when the card holder is not present to sign for the transaction
- your card may be recently issued and has not yet been activated
My credit card was declined, can I re-authorise it?
If your order was not authorised online, please confirm you have correctly entered your credit card details and place your order again. If you still have difficulties please contact your credit card company to make them aware of your order.
If you have already received an order number but were informed by Apple that your card was declined, to prevent further delay of your order, please:
1. Contact your card provider to advise them that you have placed an order with Apple so that the payment can be processed.
2. Visit Order Status to verify your payment or to make changes to your payment information. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the status to update. If you placed your order without an Apple ID and wish to make changes to your payment information, please contact the Apple Store Customer Service team for assistance.
Can I change my billing address?
Your billing address is the registered address that your credit card company holds. Please ensure that your billing address is correct at the time of placing your order. Once your order has been accepted by Apple your billing address cannot be changed as it would have already been authorised by your credit card company.
What if the shipping address differs from the billing address?
If your billing and shipping addresses differ and you are paying by credit card, you may be asked for additional documentation before Apple can process your order. Please note we can only deliver within the same country that you are ordering from. American Express require you to register the shipping address with them if it differs from the card holder's address they have on record.
Can I place an order using a non-Irish credit card?
If your purchase is made on the Apple Online Store using a credit/debit card from a country other than the country of the Apple Online Store you are purchasing from, then Apple will charge your card in the local currency of the Store. Your card statement will display the local currency that the purchase was made in and the conversion value to the card currency. The foreign exchange rate will be calculated at the time of purchase.