Questions & Answers for Apple Composite AV Cable
516 Questions from the Community
how do I hookup my iPad to my tv to watch FaceTime on tv
- Asked by David B from Grundy Center
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I hookup my iPad to my tv to watch FaceTime on tv)
Cable connecting iPad mini to TV
Need a cable to connect iPad mini to TV
- Asked by Glenn B from Bethlehem
- Flag as inappropriate (Cable connecting iPad mini to TV)
Will the av/usb composite cable allow me to use my iPhone as GPS and display it on Ford's mytouch screen through the av hub?
- Asked by Donald H from Indianapolis
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the av/usb composite cable allow me to use my iPhone as GPS and display it on Ford's mytouch screen through the av hub?)
Will composite AV cable work with a 2011 Chevrolet Suburban entertainment system?
- Asked by Michael E C from Tomball
- Flag as inappropriate (Will composite AV cable work with a 2011 Chevrolet Suburban entertainment system?)
- Answered by Matthew B from L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (will-the-apple-composite-av-cable-work-with-an-iphone 6 plus with-an-adapter)
Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket
By using the AV cable, could I stream NFL games from my iPad to TV via the Sunday Ticket app? I currently watch live games through the NFL Sunday Ticket app, but would like to project these games to a larger screen. Please let me know. Thanks.
- Asked by Molly K from Washington
- Flag as inappropriate (Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket)
Verizon is my carrier on my iPhone 4S, which is updated to iOS9. Verizon subscribers are now able to watch live NFL games for free via the NFL Mobile by Verizon APP. I'm able to watch live NFL games from my phone, projected onto my 48" Sony HD TV through my AppleTV using AirPlay. It didn't work at first, it was giving me the "Video isn't available for external sources" type error, which is a restriction in place by Verizon/NFL. But, I turned OFF Mirroring in AirPlay and it works! Perhaps the restriction is to make sure you are not watching it on two devices at once? The picture projected on my TV through the AppleTV is great - FULL screen HD. Now, the only downfall is when I go to use ANY other feature on my phone - phone calls, messaging, another APP or ANYTHING, the projection to the TV is cut out while I'm using them. When I'm done using them, I have to go back into AirPlay and touch the NFL Mobile App to re-project it.
- Answered by John G from Fox Lake
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Streaming NFL Sunday Ticket)
its compatble for iphone 6plus
- Asked by Phol P from Bignay
- Flag as inappropriate (its compatble for iphone 6plus)
No. The Composite AV Cable uses the 30-pin connector. The iPhone 6 & 6 Plus use the smaller, Lighting connector.
- Answered by Lane W from Beaverton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (its compatble for iphone 6plus)
is there a composite av cable compatible with iPhone 6 and Ipad Mini?
- Asked by Tim T from East Jordan
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a composite av cable compatible with iPhone 6 and Ipad Mini?)
What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable
- Asked by Yong Won K from Orangeburg
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable)
The Composite AV has 3 connections to your TV - the combined video signal and audio left and right. The Component AV cable has 3 connectors for video (separated into Red, Blue and Green signals to produce a better picture) and the left and right audio connectors.
Most older TVs that have AV inputs will have a set of composite inputs as will as some HDTVs, but typically only HDTVs have the Component inputs. Check your TVs inputs to see what you need. If the input on the TV has only 3 connectors (yellow, white and red) it is composite and if there are 5 connectors in the input grouping together you need the component cable.
- Answered by Brian B from Montgomery
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What is the difference between component av cable and composite av cable)
How can I connect my macbook pro to my tv or projector? What cable or adapters would I need?
- Asked by Sharon B from Mesquite
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect my macbook pro to my tv or projector? What cable or adapters would I need?)
Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?
- Asked by Madison B from Wildwood
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?)
YES you can connect the AV COMPONENT CABLES to any ipad, iphone or ipod touch & then to your tv. but as far as i know once you hook up the cables you will only be able to see the video on one device at a time... i hope this answers your questions.
- Answered by Timothy B from Oxford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can you watch movies from the netflix app and stream them to your tv?)
Is there a cable or connector that will connect the av output from my Sony Handycam camcorder to the input USB socket of my iMac?
I simply want my iMac to accept video from my Sony Handycam. The Handycam came with a dock that features a USB output but it is not recognised by my iMac. So I'm thinking of connecting the mini av output on the Handycam itself directly to the USB input on the iMac.
All of the Apple portable devices output an analog signal rather than a digital signal. To get the best quality sound, you should turn the volume all the way up on the iPhone (or iPad, iPod, etc.), and adjust the listening volume using the stereo. In general, sound quality will be limited by the type of file - MP3 and other compressed formats will limit fidelity. Thus, for playing via a stereo I suggest storing Apple Lossless versions of your music on a computer running iTunes. If you want 'audiophile' grade sound, you should add an external digital to analog converter with a computer interface (like USB) rather than use the circuits built into the portable device.
- Answered by Frank W from Minneapolis
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's the best way to connect Iphone to home stereo and maintain digital sound quality?)
It will work with any TV that has the available inputs.
- Answered by Michael S from Apo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Would this also work with a LG tv or does it only work with apple tvs??)
The digital AV adapter is HDMI and includes a higher definition video output that the composite (RCA Jacks -Yellow, Red, White) which is analog video (yellow). I don't know if the audio signal is better in the HDMI vs the RCA (Red/White) - it depends on what the iPad sends.
- Answered by James H from Olmsted Falls
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (whats the difference between the composite av cable & the digital av adapter)
what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter
- Asked by Pedro N from Duncanville
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
It all depends what you want to connect your apple device to. Look at the connector ends of each cable and figure out if you have something that will match the plug.
The apple vga adapter goes from the ipad/iphone type "apple" connector to a VGA connection - the kind you would have to connect to a computer monitor. (Some people who travel to do speeches need this to display their presentation on a big presentation screen)
The apple digital av adapter has one end that connects to your apple device and the other end connects to an HDMI cable to attach to an HDMI TV. If you dont have an HDMI connection on your tv, it won't work. You also need an HDMI cable that you can get at any TV/electronics store (best buy, radio shack etc)
Apple also sells component and composite cables for ipod/iphone connections AND they sell similar cables that will connect your tv to a firewire or dvi port on a laptop.
Look at the device you want to connect with (your tv?) first and find out what kind of connections it has. Then you will know what connector AND what cable to buy.
If you have a compatible ipod or iphone with the apple connector and you have an HDMI cable to connect to your HDMI TV, buy the apple digital av adapter.
- Answered by Libby G from Redlands
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (what is the difference between vga adapter and digital av adapter)
Can I do video mirroring with composite av?
- Asked by Al Z from Sunnyvale
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I do video mirroring with composite av?)
with this cable NO, i have iPad2 and iPhone 4s, and no work, only sound.
- Answered by Jordi P from Mollet Del Vallès
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I do video mirroring with composite av?)