how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?
There are lots of more detailed questions about using this adaptor to connect to other computers and to gaming devices. My question is more basic.
My USB ethernet adaptor works fine on my Macbook Air, but I cannot get the thunderbolt adaptor to work. Thanks.
- Asked by William M from Saint Petersburg
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect to the internet with a thunderbolt ethernet adaptor?)
2 Answers from the Community
Does your MacBook Air support Thunderbolt?
(only 2011 and 2012 models have Thunderbolt; late 2008 to 2010 have mini DisplayPort; easy check: hold down option key, Apple Menu/System Information..., then select Thunderbolt in left column)
Update the Thunderbolt-Ethernet adapter.
Turn off Wi-Fi on your MacBook Air.
- Answered by Chris S from San Jose
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I use this adapter on my mid-2011 MacBook Air. It works amazingly well. That being said, if you have tried it and it did not work, I would suggest that you check and see if your drivers are up to date. If they are, and it still does not work, just get ahold of Apple. you need driver version 1.2.1 for it to work.
- Answered by Ian O from Spokane
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can thunderbolt cable be used for LAN/internet connection??
- Asked by Sudhanshu M
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can thunderbolt cable be used for LAN/internet connection??)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?
- Asked by Vaibhav D from Pune
- Feb 17, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the USB ports and Ethernet port on Thunderbolt Displays used for?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
how can you use a mac air on a wired internet
- Asked by David S from Erlanger
- Jan 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (how can you use a mac air on a wired internet)
- Asked about: Mac