Is it possible to place the iMac on the top of this stand rather than on the interior shelves? I want to mqximize the height of my iMac.
I currently use 2 textbooks stacked with my iMac on top so its of a comfortable height (textbooks together equal 3"). Will this stand raise my iMac 3" or more?
The top adjustable shelf says it's 2.5", but the height of the total stand is 3.3". So this stand would only help me if I could put my iMac on top of the stand and not use the adjustable shelves inside - but is this not stable?
2 Answers from the Community
Technically I do not see any problems with doing this as the HiRise should still support the weight. However it will not be as stable and could be prone to slipping. Furthermore you will need to contact Twelve South directly to check that if you do place the iMac on top of the HiRise and the HiRise fails then will it be covered by the warranty / guarantee?
- Answered by Samuel B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
- Answered by Joseph C from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
What is the overall height of the mount?
- Asked by Randall C from Deer Park
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the overall height of the mount?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Desk Mount Combo
No answers yet
How hard is it to switch an imac off the mount and place it back in the original desk stand?
- Asked by Thomas B from Millersville
- Flag as inappropriate (How hard is it to switch an imac off the mount and place it back in the original desk stand?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Wall Mount