i am running on 10.5.8 and want the new i tunes 10.7 but it wont let me download this what do i need to do to be able to get this?
1 Answer from the Community
Apple now delivers downloadable apps such as iTunes through the App Store. In order to access the App Store you must have OS 10.6.6 or later.
If you have an Intel-based Mac you can install Snow Leopard.
If you have a PowerPC processor, you can not install Snow Leopard.
(look in the Apple Menu, "About This Mac", and see if you have an Intel processor or a PowerPC processor).
You also need at least 1GB of memory. More is better.
Once Snow Leopard is installed, select "Software Updates" in the "Apple" menu to update to OS 10.6.8 (the last version of Snow Leopard).
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does this mouse work with 10.5.8?
- Asked by Karen M from Taos
- Flag as inappropriate (does this mouse work with 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Mouse
I have an iMac 24 with OS X 10.5.8. I was advised that I could use a Track Pad but it doesn't install. Any ideas?
- Asked by Stephen W from Little Brickhill
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac 24 with OS X 10.5.8. I was advised that I could use a Track Pad but it doesn't install. Any ideas?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad
can i download a new OS if I currently have version 10.5.8?
- Asked by Jamie V from Scituate
- Flag as inappropriate (can i download a new OS if I currently have version 10.5.8?)
- Asked about: Mac