Can I use the power connector from an old 2006 13" Macbook on a new 11" macbook air with the MagSafe to MagSafe2 converter?
I have an old 2006 Macbook with the original Magsafe power adapter charger and I'm buying a new 11" Macbook Air, which comes with the new Magsafe 2. I wanted to know if I should buy the optional Magsafe to Magsafe-2 converter? Will the converter work with a charger as old as the original 2006 Magsafe? Could it damage the macbook air at all?
1 Answer from the Community
It would work but the charger would stick out a lot then awkwardly stick to one side,
Also, the adaptor may go over the edge of the MacBook and will interfere if you have a semi-permanent case on it.
- Answered by James W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use the magsafe to magsafe 2 converter on my old magsafe charger to charge my 13" macbook pro late 2011 model?
- Asked by George A from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use the magsafe to magsafe 2 converter on my old magsafe charger to charge my 13" macbook pro late 2011 model?)
- Asked about: MagSafe to MagSafe 2 Converter
Old Mac will work with MagSafe 2 ???
- Asked by Oswaldo N from Colleyville
- Flag as inappropriate (Old Mac will work with MagSafe 2 ???)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…