Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my new MacBook Pro 15" Retina or can I use USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought in 2012 from Apple store
Is this the only USB DVD drive that will work for my newly bought MacBook Pro 15 inch Retina, or can I use the USB Mac Air SuperDrive I bought from Apple Store earlier this year?
3 Answers from the Community
The two are the same in that aspect so yes, the one you already have will work.
- Answered by Esra C from Shoreline
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
As long as it is the Apple USB SuperDrive then it should work no matter when you bought your Apple USB SuperDrive.
- Answered by Mark G from Mobile
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Right now yes, because they have two different firmwares, only the newer one has a firmware that will support MBP with Retina.
- Answered by Kang-ling W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will Apple Super Drive work with this adapter?
- Asked by John B from Eugene
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Apple Super Drive work with this adapter?)
- Asked about: USB-C to USB Adapter
No answers yet
Can I use apple remote with the usb superdrive?
- Asked by Brandy B from Glen Ellyn
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use apple remote with the usb superdrive?)
- Asked about: Apple Remote