Questions & Answers for Apple Wireless Keyboard - English (USA)
809 Questions from the Community
Is there a keyboard short cut for page up/down with the wireless keyboard?
- Asked by Jason C from Gainesville
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a keyboard short cut for page up/down with the wireless keyboard?)
No, this keyboard has a similar layout like the macbook where there is no dedicated page up/page down keys. However, there are keyboard shortcuts for these functions and more:
1. FN+(Arrow up/down) = Page up / down
2. FN+(Arrow left/right) = go to top or bottom of a page
3. COMMAND+(Arrow up/down) = go to top or bottom of a page
4. COMMAND+(Arrow left/right) = go to beginning/end of a line
- Answered by Yossef M from Brookline
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a keyboard short cut for page up/down with the wireless keyboard?)
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?Best Answer:
fn + delete = deletes to the right of the cursor.
- Answered by Eric K from Saint Petersburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
Yes, you can use a wireless keyboard like the small wireless Apple keyboard on the iPad mini there is no difference to the iPad, it is the same iOS and same design ideas. You can talk to a Apple person at the shop and can give you more info.
- Answered by Michael P from Newcastle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use the wireless keyboard with an iPad mini?)
Actually, the wireless keyboard, or at least the bluetooth, can be shut off.
Press and hold the switch on the right end of the keyboard until the green light goes off.
Press the switch briefly to turn it on.
- Answered by Chilton G from Albuquerque
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the wireless keyboard have to be shut off with a switch when not in use? Or does it have an auto-off feature.)
Can two people use Apple wireless keyboards in the same room or do they interfere with each other?
Is it possible to have multiple keyboards-same room without interference?
- Asked by Gary R G from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two people use Apple wireless keyboards in the same room or do they interfere with each other?)
if i bought a different brand of wireless keyboars for my ipad air 2 that had a usb port, would my ipad recognize what i plug in? say a memory card?
i loved the lst ipad i had but if it cannot recognize usb items then i'll have to buy a different brand of tablet.
No answers yet
wireless keyboard guarantee?
I bought recently a wireless keyboard at Radio Shack in Puerto Rico. This stores are closing their operations and has only pass three months and the keyboard is not working. I have a G-5, have change the batteries but nothing seems to work.
Since I started my business (1992), all my computers have been Apple. I don't want to be disappointed due to a malfunction of a simple keyboard. Please advice what are the steps to follow in order to get a working wireless keyboard.
209 Evergreen II
Vega Alta, PR 00692
- Asked by Awilda M from Vega Alta
- Flag as inappropriate (wireless keyboard guarantee?)
can this be used with i pad mini
- Asked by Holly K from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate (can this be used with i pad mini)
Batteries in apple keyboard hold about 1-3 months, while Logitech K360 claims 3 years. What do I get for that much higher energy consumption of apple?
No answers yet
Can I use this Keyboard with the new Macbook 12" ???
- Asked by Andres S from Monterrey
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this Keyboard with the new Macbook 12" ???)
can you use the apple wireless keyboard with the ipad 2?
- Asked by Trampas S from Bloomington
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use the apple wireless keyboard with the ipad 2?)
Go to Settings app
Make sure Bluetooth is turned on
Make sure your keyboard is in discovery mode (press the silver button on the right side of the keyboard - the green light will start flashing)
In the Bluetooth section on the iPad, you should see the wireless keyboard
Select the found keyboard to pair it with the iPad
You'll be asked to type a pairing code on the keyboard - if it's entered successfully, your keyboard will be paired with the iPad (or any iOS device with Bluetooth)
Note that when you are using the Bluetooth keyboard, the normal iPad keyboard does not appear - turn off Bluetooth or the external keyboard (press and hold the button on the right side of the Apple Wireless Keyboard), or travel outside the 10-15m range of Bluetooth to go back to using the regular iPad keyboard
- Answered by Spring L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (can you use the apple wireless keyboard with the ipad 2?)
Can any wireless keyboard be used with the new MacBook Pro w/ retina?
I have a Logitech K350. Will it work with the new MacBook Pro? Love the size and curved design.
- Asked by Barbara O B from Roswell
- Flag as inappropriate (Can any wireless keyboard be used with the new MacBook Pro w/ retina?)