Hi Can I use Apple TV to replace a set top box to watch Free to air TV in Australia?
- Asked by Paul A from Harrison
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi Can I use Apple TV to replace a set top box to watch Free to air TV in Australia?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes and no. You cannot plug your antenna into the Apple TV. If you have the latest generation of the Apple TV (4G 2015) you can download streaming apps onto the units internal hard drive. In Australia, the ABC, Channel 7 and Channel 9 all stream on the internet. I certainly know you can stream the ABC and channel 7 on the Apple Tv. It will rely on your internet connection though, not an antenna. If you have a stable internet connection (5mbps of faster) you should be fine :)
I know SBS and Ten are in the process of getting the rights to stream on the web. You can use the App Store on the Apple TV to download the ABC and 7 live streaming apps. I am not sure if Channel 9 is available on the Apple TV yet...
Do remember, there are many streaming services available in Australia on the Apple TV, like Netflix and Stan.
Hope you find this helpful information :)
- Answered by Jnet A from Kingston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Using the iview app on your phone or iPad you can stream ABC1 live to the AppleTV.
I don't know whether any other channels are streaming live but it's only a matter of time.
- Answered by Tony F from Castlemaine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?
- Asked by Shilpa M from Mumbai
- 12 12, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?)
Do you connect Apple TV to the television set with the HDMI cable on a wireless setup?
- Asked by Robert W from Glen Burnie
- 10 29, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you connect Apple TV to the television set with the HDMI cable on a wireless setup?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m