I am setting up a TV on my deck to mainly watch football this fall- do i need cable or will i be able to access nfl games through apple tv?
1 Answer from the Community
Verizon is my carrier on my iPhone 4S, which is updated to iOS9. Verizon subscribers are now able to watch live NFL games for free via the NFL Mobile by Verizon APP. I'm able to watch live NFL games from my phone, projected onto my 48" Sony HD TV through my AppleTV using AirPlay. It didn't work at first, it was giving me the "Video isn't available for external sources" type error, which is a restriction in place by Verizon/NFL. But, I turned OFF Mirroring in AirPlay and it works! Perhaps the restriction is to make sure you are not watching it on two devices at once? The picture projected on my TV through the AppleTV is great - FULL screen HD. Now, the only downfall is when I go to use ANY other feature on my phone - phone calls, messaging, another APP or ANYTHING, the projection to the TV is cut out while I'm using them. When I'm done using them, I have to go back into AirPlay and touch the NFL Mobile App to re-project it.
- Answered by John G from Fox Lake
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Do you connect Apple TV to the television set with the HDMI cable on a wireless setup?
- Asked by Robert W from Glen Burnie
- 10 29, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you connect Apple TV to the television set with the HDMI cable on a wireless setup?)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m
How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?
- Asked by Shilpa M from Mumbai
- 12 12, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?)
Can I watch ESPN on Apple TV?
- Asked by Tracy W from Santa Clarita
- 10 31, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch ESPN on Apple TV?)