How do you delete previous text messages
- Asked by Jackie W from Copley
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you delete previous text messages)
1 Answer from the Community
To delete your old texts:
Open Messages and go to the main screen with the list of conversations you gave. Swipe left on a conversation and then press delete. If you want to delete multiple at once, press "Edit" at the top-left hand corner and select the conversations you want to delete, and then tap "Delete" at the bottom-right hand corner.
To automatically delete texts after 30 days or after a year, go to Settings > Messages > Keep Messages, and then select a time. I personally have mine set to 30 days so I don't have to deal with messages adding up.
- Answered by Jake C from Saugus
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Accidentally deleted text messages can I get them back?
- Asked by Kim R from Eatonton
- 09 7, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Accidentally deleted text messages can I get them back?)
How can I opt out of a text message conversation
- Asked by Connie S from Del Mar
- 07 20, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I opt out of a text message conversation)