Will a 2.1 amp charger damage my I phone 6 s plus
My alarm clock has 2 usb ports to charge phones, iPads, tablets, etc. My car charger also has 2 usb ports. One is 1.8 amps the other is 2.1. Of the two, the 2.1 works much faster. However the 1.8 am as well as the original iPhone charger that came with my phone seem to take forever to charge my phone.
- Asked by Victoria H from Walls
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 2.1 amp charger damage my I phone 6 s plus)
2 Answers from the Community
I've used a 2.5 amp charger to charge my iPhone and I've seen no problems yet. As far as I know, a lot of USB chargers are 2.1 amp and should not damage your phone.
- Answered by J D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've noticed charging my iPhone using higher amps(2.4A compared to standard 1A power adaptor) heats it up faster.
And it's a fact that heat is bad for batteries.
So my conclusion from this is - stay away from "fast" chargers to have a better battery life.
- Answered by Gurpreet S from Tempe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do I need OS Sierra on Mac to import photos from Iphone 6plus
- Asked by Lynn M from Carolina Beach
- 03 18, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need OS Sierra on Mac to import photos from Iphone 6plus)
Voicemail for iphone 6 plus
- Asked by Ernestas V
- 11 15, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Voicemail for iphone 6 plus)
No answers yet
is iphone 6 plus compatible with mobility?
- Asked by Megan M from Toronto
- 08 8, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (is iphone 6 plus compatible with mobility?)
No answers yet