2015 Macbook air 128gb or 256 gb
I'm considering buying the 2015 macbook air and I want to know what to upgrade. I will choose for 8gb ram instead of 4gb ram. That's for sure! But Then I have to choose between upgrading the processor or take a 256 gb storage.
The issue is: I don't know if I really need 256gb storage. I'm a college student and studying economics. I will use the macbook air for word, excel, powerpoint....(need to figure out how to integrate acces). I will browse the internet a lot and mail and stuff. If there might be a storage problem I could still buy an external hard drive.
For the processor: I think I wont notice the difference between the standard i5 and the i7 so I think I'll stay with the i5.
I'm sure about the 8 gb ram but I don't know if I should take the 256 gb storage.
- Asked by Dhurim D
- Flag as inappropriate (2015 Macbook air 128gb or 256 gb)
1 Answer from the Community
Go for more RAM and bigger hard drive. I doubt the difference in processor speed will make much difference to performance in the real world. It's amazing how quickly things fill up nowadays.
- Answered by Kurt T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i change out a 128GB PCle-drive to a 256gb PCle drive
- Asked by Todd A from Paragould
- 01 3, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (can i change out a 128GB PCle-drive to a 256gb PCle drive)
I have OS 6.1.6 on a Macbook air mid 2011 with 256 and 4 GB. Can I upgrade to El Captain? If not what should I upgrade to?
- Asked by Richard H from Portland
- 05 17, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (I have OS 6.1.6 on a Macbook air mid 2011 with 256 and 4 GB. Can I upgrade to El Captain? If not what should I upgrade to?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard