Should I buy used macbook air or new mac mini
I have $500 and I want to buy a mac. My dad said I could buy his late 2010 MacBook air from him if I wanted but I can also afford a brand new mac mini with my student discounts. I can't decide what I should choose. I write iOS apps and do school work and light gaming.(eg Minecraft, surgeon simulator and portal) Which one would be better for me?
- Asked by Aaron R from Spokane
- Flag as inappropriate (Should I buy used macbook air or new mac mini)
1 Answer from the Community
For lightweight programming it is a good option. After my experience with Macbook Pro 2014, I sometimes think, A good Macbook Air 13/ macbook Pro 13 would have been a better option. The reason being that I take classes and program and portability is the need of the hour. It would have been awesome if Macbook retina had a better processor. I would suggest you wait around, for the Skylake processor.
Either ways Macbook air 13/macbook pro 13 is a better option, although I wish it had a retina display as well.
- Answered by Eeshan C from Ashburn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I connect a new Macbook Air with Thunderbolt cable to an older iMac with a mini-display port only?
- Asked by Gary S from Vacaville
- 11 7, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect a new Macbook Air with Thunderbolt cable to an older iMac with a mini-display port only?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
Will this work with a new MacBook Air?
- Asked by Michael M from Coventry
- 02 15, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with a new MacBook Air?)
- Asked about: Magic Mouse 2
No answers yet