When connected to a MacBook pro, how do you turn everything on?
Basically I have a laptop pro stand so the display will be on top with the MacBook stored under. Do I have to pull it all apart and open the laptop just to turn it on every time? I didn't see a power button on the display or anything...
- Asked by Jordan P from Bonne Terre
- Flag as inappropriate (When connected to a MacBook pro, how do you turn everything on?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
1 Answer from the Community
I currently have a Bookarc stand for my MBP and use it in clamshell mode almost all of the time when connected to the Thunderbolt Display. I leave my MBP in sleep mode when not in use, and use a wired keyboard when using the display, which I leave connected to one of the USB ports in the back of the Thunderbolt Display. When I get home I attach the Macbook Pro using the Thunderbolt cable and power adapter, and push the space bar on the wired keyboard to wake my Mac up. This works every time, and after I type my password to log in, my wireless trackpad shows connected via bluetooth. As far as a power button, you are correct, the Thunderbolt Display does not have a power button, but with the configuration that I use and mentioned, one is not needed.
- Answered by Anthony S from Brunswick
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can a mac mini connect to a macbook pro?
- Asked by Ryan P from Nerang
- 03 27, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (can a mac mini connect to a macbook pro?)
No answers yet
Can I connect two MacBook pros and use one to mirror the display of the other?
- Asked by Marsha G from Hampton
- 01 23, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect two MacBook pros and use one to mirror the display of the other?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…
So how will I connect my hard drive to the computer?
- Asked by Aubrey G from Sherman Oaks
- 04 10, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (So how will I connect my hard drive to the computer?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter