How hard to you have to pound the keys to type? Is it like a laptop, or like the original iMac keyboard?
I still use the original white keyboard that came with my iMac. It is clunky and plastic, and you have to pound the keys quite hard when you type. It often leads to hand fatigue and cramping, and all my fingernails stay broken and chipped. So I'm n the lookout for a new keyboard. So, how does this keyboard (the one with the keypad) feel? Is it rigid and stiff, where you have to pound the keys? Or is the typing "softer," like a laptop? I know there is a specific term that describes the rigidity of the typing mechanism, but I can't remember what it is.
1 Answer from the Community
This is a very quiet and lightly typing keyboard. Just a tiny amount of pressure/force and a small amount of travel is needed to actuate the keys. They don’t have a very defined tactile feedback, but they also certainly aren’t ‘mushy’. I like it a lot, because it enables me to type really fast. There are also some people that absolutely hate it, though. I’d recommend for you to try it out in a store.
It is much more like the keyboard on the MacBook Pro than it is like that of the original iMac (which I hate, mostly because of the constant binding on all the wider keys).
- Answered by Vincent Z
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is it like a laptop trackpad, or you put your mouse on it?
- Asked by Kristi S from Parma Heights
- 02 11, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it like a laptop trackpad, or you put your mouse on it?)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2
Are there any hard cases for these?
- Asked by Albert Z from Brooklyn
- 03 29, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there any hard cases for these?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - US English
Are these like the original Apple Leather Cases?
- Asked by Mark D
- 09 14, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Are these like the original Apple Leather Cases?)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 Plus / 6s Plus Leather Cas…