Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes that will work for you.
Just make sure to run the setup utility when you get the Airport Express so that it joins the existing network (more reliable to just join it than try and join and extend the network) and to enable the AirPlay function.
- Answered by Ian D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can it strengthen my existing wifi network?
- Asked by Alex P from Rancho Cucamonga
- 06 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can it strengthen my existing wifi network?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
AE setting up a new network vs extending an existing network is new better? Looking to boost Wifi in low signal places in the house & outside.
- Asked by Paula P from Oxford
- 05 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (AE setting up a new network vs extending an existing network is new better? Looking to boost Wifi in low signal places in the house & outside.)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme