Am I am able to use mobile broadband (either via the camera kit with usb) or with a MiFi (i.e. wireless mobile broadband).
4 Answers from the Community
I don't think you could power your MiFi device with this adapter. But if your MiFi is already charged you can use it just fine. Right now I'm using the Novatel Wireless MiFi device with Sprint since I have the iPad WiFi only model. The service is more expensive, but I can at least share the 3G connection with my MacBook Pro.
- Answered by J. Aristotle O from Bay Harbor Islands
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
the iPad will connect to wireless networks right out of the box, whether the network is provided by a home ISP wireless router, MiFi, or public Wifi. This Camera Connection Kit has nothing to do with mobile Internet access.
- Answered by Richard L from Bayside
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I am using iPad 32gb Wifi with UK Three Mifi Huawei very successfully. No adaptor is needed. You just switch on the Mifi, go to settings/wireless on the iPad, select the mobile (MiFi) network, enter the password and bingo! You're online.
Fabulous speed-even visiting my Mum in Lowestoft, Suffolk, it matches the speed I get with my Bt home hub when browsing.
- Answered by Lawrence V
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
According to Apple chat, the usb does not charge other devices. So you couldnt use it as a power source for your mifi, overdrive or other 3g router
- Answered by Doug N from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Airport Extreme with Wifi Broadband Stick
- Asked by Eric P from Beverly Hills
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport Extreme with Wifi Broadband Stick)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Am I able to connect an Airport Time Capsule to my Telstra wireless broadband? Do I need a USB to ethernet adaptor?
- Asked by Christopher H from Golden Bay
- 03 5, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Am I able to connect an Airport Time Capsule to my Telstra wireless broadband? Do I need a USB to ethernet adaptor?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB