can i format mac and instal windows?
instal windows on an iMac
- Asked by Sik K
- Flag as inappropriate (can i format mac and instal windows?)
1 Answer from the Community
You have two methods to install Windows:
1) Use Apple's Boot Camp which, after Windows is installed, will start up your iMac as either a Mac OS or as a Windows OS. To install Boot Camp, run the Boot Camp Assistant application that comes with Snow Leopard (found inside utilities in applications).
2) Use a program such as VM Fusion (VMWare), or, Parallels. These programs will run Windows inside a window on your Mac. Using these programs you can run windows and mac applications side by side.
Of course, you will need to supply your own Windows CD for any of the above methods.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How can I reprogram my keyboard back to the windows format?
- Asked by Li-qing J from Athens
- 03 15, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I reprogram my keyboard back to the windows format?)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
Can you install Windows 8 from the installation cd with superdrive?
- Asked by Kimberly C from Coweta
- 03 20, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you install Windows 8 from the installation cd with superdrive?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive