I currently have MAC OS X 10.5.8, but i need to upgrade it to a newer version. Can i go straight to MAC OS X 10.7? Or do i need to get MAC OS X 10.6?
I need to upgrade my software because the newer versions of itunes are not compatible with MAC OS X 10.5.8. I need a new itunes so that I can connect my Iphone 5s to my macbook.
1 Answer from the Community
First, install OS X 10.6. You can only buy this as a mail-order disc (cannot be downloaded via App store). Once installed, take all updates to get to 10.6.8.
If you only want to use the latest iTunes, stop here - that's all you need.
And if you want the latest OS X 10.9, get that from the App Store for free, but make sure you have the hardware requirements before continuing. Note that you can't even find 10.7 or 10.8 anymore because they've been replaced by 10.9.
- Answered by Goo G from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a mid 2007 mac mini 2.0, with OS X 10.6.8. Can I upgrade to 10.7.5? Apple states that I need a 2009 or newer Mac mini to be able to upgrade.
- Asked by Prince M from Philadelphia
- 09 18, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a mid 2007 mac mini 2.0, with OS X 10.6.8. Can I upgrade to 10.7.5? Apple states that I need a 2009 or newer Mac mini to be able to upgrade.)
- Asked about: Mac
i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?
- Asked by Jerry Osagie S from Barcelona
- 01 3, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (i have mac OS X 10.5.8 if i buy this software to what version i can upgrade it ?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)