I have a Dual 2 GHz Power PC G5 - it has been upgraded to 10.5.8 - can I install snow leopard?
- Asked by Anne M from Palisades Park
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Dual 2 GHz Power PC G5 - it has been upgraded to 10.5.8 - can I install snow leopard?)
2 Answers from the Community
Nope, sorry. Snow Leopard is only for Macs with Intel processors and at least 1GB of RAM, 5GB of disk space and a DVD drive.
One more thing - even today's least expensive Mac will probably outperform that old girl. I just upgraded from a dual 2.5GHz G5 to a Mac Mini. Get lots of RAM.
- Answered by Douglas G from Baltimore
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No. Snow Leopard requires a Mac with an Intel processor.
Here are the system requirements from Apple's website for Snow Leopard:
Mac computer with an Intel processor
1GB of memory
5GB of available disk space
DVD drive for installation
Some features require a compatible Internet service provider; fees may apply.
Some features require Apple's MobileMe service; fees and terms apply.
- Answered by David H from Hendersonville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I upgrade the mac I currently have? Running 10.5.8
- Asked by Elizabeth R from I Lion
- 05 13, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade the mac I currently have? Running 10.5.8)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)