I have an emac running panther 10.3.9, can I upgrade to snow leopard? or what is my best upgrade option?
3 Answers from the Community
Like earlier answers have stated, you can not use Snow Leopard on a non-Intel based Mac. Now, you have two choices. To help you decide, choose the Apple menu icon, and click on About this Mac. Then click on more info. This will bring you up System Profiler. Now check what type of processor your eMac has. If it is G3 then your best bet is to go for Tiger (10.4), if it is a G4 processor (over 833MHz), then go for Leopard PowerPC version. But if it is a G4 proccessor that is under 833MHz then go for Tiger. I'm pretty sure most eMacs were shipped with at least G4 processors as my school boarding house has one and it runs Tiger like a dream.
Hope this has answered your question.
- Answered by Alexander C from Wilburton, Ely
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You need a Mac with an Intel processor. eMac does not.
- Answered by Robert N from Methuen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Unless your eMac has an Intel processor in it (I don't believe they ever made any that did), it is not compatible with Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Nicholas S from Santa Clara
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can i use this keyboard for an eMac OS X 10.3.9??
- Asked by Orlando P from East Boston
- 02 7, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use this keyboard for an eMac OS X 10.3.9??)
- Asked about: Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad …
is the upgrade from snow leopard to lion free?
- Asked by Philip S from Cincinnati
- 10 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (is the upgrade from snow leopard to lion free?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
I have an early 2006 I mac core 2 duo (512MB of RAM) running OS10 tiger can I upgrade the memory for more RAM to install snow Leopard?
- Asked by James B from Prince George
- 09 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an early 2006 I mac core 2 duo (512MB of RAM) running OS10 tiger can I upgrade the memory for more RAM to install snow Leopard?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 4GB 1866MHz DDR…