What kind of problems will I encounter upgrading from 10.6.8? Will my MS Office:mac 2008 still work? How about my timemachine?
I bought my MacBook Pro to replace a company mac that I continued to do sales work for on commission. I stopped doing so after being hired by a competitor. The problem is I partitioned the hard drive for "work" and personal use. I lost the password for administrator for the "work" side years ago and the personal side is full. We bought a new Brother printer that was wifi and bluetooth functional, but on trying to set it up with the laptop, it informed me that I need to update the operating system. To make matters worse, during a recent remodel the power cord to my WD 1T hard drive I had used for time machine got lost and I can't seem to get a Toshiba 1T I bought on a sailing cruise to save pictures with, was configured as a windows unit and I have to use the NTFI? interface to access it, but it won't run Time machine. So now I'm not sure what to think, I would really like to run time machine and back up the computer before updating, and I'm concerned that all my apps won't function with the new op system.
Another FYI'er stuck
1 Answer from the Community
I have an iMac which runs on OSX 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion) and I'm still using Microsoft Office for Mac 2008 with no apparent problems. I also still use Time Machine (USB connected) and mine is also a WD 1T hard drive. I'm even using very old apps like iMovie 6 and iDVD which are vintage 2006 and were transferred from my old Mac.
- Answered by Trev M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can I upgrade from 10.6.8? want to use icloud
- Asked by Kim P from Eden Prairie
- 11 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can I upgrade from 10.6.8? want to use icloud)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- 08 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…
Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?
- Asked by Marcelle D S from Boerne
- 11 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme