will downloading os x delete microsoft office 2011
- Asked by Ramon B from Lennox
- Flag as inappropriate (will downloading os x delete microsoft office 2011)
1 Answer from the Community
Installing a new OS X will not delete third party applications such as MS Office 2011.
Having said that, I make it a habit of EITHER cloning my old OS X partition to a new partition (use the RESTORE feature in Disk Utility) and then installing the new OS X to one of the partitions, OR, simply install new OS X to a new partition. (If installing to a new partition, the installer should at some point during the install search your Mac for other partitions with older OS and then ask if you want to import files, applications, OS settings from one of those partitions.)
The reason I like to work on a different partition is that sometimes some drivers and software will not run in the new OS X without being updated, and some drivers and software may not have updates for the newer OS X readily available. When I need to use an older driver or software application that can not be updated, I simply press OPTION during startup to switch to the older OS X.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is 2011 Office for Mac compatible with 2016 Mac mini?
- Asked by Shauna H from Prince Frederick
- 07 6, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is 2011 Office for Mac compatible with 2016 Mac mini?)
- Asked about: Mac
How to download Microsoft on iMac
- Asked by Veda M. R from Chicago
- 12 17, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (How to download Microsoft on iMac)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
No answers yet
Can you Use Microsoft Word with OS X Lion?
- Asked by Margaret M from Liverpool
- 11 8, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you Use Microsoft Word with OS X Lion?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)