The cable is only a few inches long. I need this to be at least 1m. Is there an extension cord I can purchase/how would I do this?
I need to connect iPads to monitors for a large function.
1 Answer from the Community
Hopefully someone elsewhere has answered your question and helped you figure this out in the 3+ months since you posted your question.
If not, or "Justin Case" someone else has the same or a similar question:
This is an adaptor, not a cable. You will still need an HDMI>HDMI cable* running to an HDMI device (like an HD TV) to use this adaptor with your iPhone or iPad.
And to be clear, you will need your 30 pin charging cable to plug into the other open slot on this adapter, because running video will drain the battery on your iOS device (or in case you want to sync your iOS device with your Mac).
Hope that helps!
*Apple sells a nice 6 foot HDMI>HDMI cable for $20 US elsewhere on the this website.
- Answered by Jules F from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How long is the extension cord. I have an iPad3. Thanks.
- Asked by Marian M from Cape Coral
- 11 10, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How long is the extension cord. I have an iPad3. Thanks.)
- Asked about: Power Adapter Extension Cable
how long is the cord between earphones and input jack on iPad?
- Asked by Suzanne S from Lopez Island
- 05 28, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (how long is the cord between earphones and input jack on iPad?)
- Asked about: Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote…