what is the use for the 2 little wings you can flip open on charger ?
on mains charger there are 2 little wings that flip open is there a use for them ?
7 Answers from the Community
It's to coil the cable around whilst storing/travelling, along with the little clp on. The cable to secure the coil
- Answered by Matt P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
They're made to wind up the cable around them
- Answered by Mina E from Downtown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I would not use it to wind up the cable as other people are suggesting, mainly because this would lead to the breakup of the wires near the adaptor. Cables need to be wound up loosely and definitely far from the edge bits. The flip up wings are to help you unplug the socket safely instead of rocking it right and left to unplug it. As you have probably noticed, Apple chargers are a tight fit in sockets, at least they are in the UK.
- Answered by Maria M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
As said in an official post by Apple "The 'wings' allow the cable to be stored with the adapter using a very small footprint."
I find them actually very weak to use them as a handle to pull from when the plug is tight. Wings may get broken because of this.
- Answered by Carlos R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
It is, as well as an aid to wrap the cable around a very helpful thing to grip when trying to remove the charger from an extension cable.
- Answered by Michael M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
I do not bend the cable so much. You do not need to use it for anything. But if the wall socket is tight, and your fingers are actually slippery, you can use it to pull out the adapter a bit more easily.
- Answered by János W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
They are to wrap your cord around!
- Answered by Hanna D from Danville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
Does it have the winding "wings"?
- Asked by Jason M from Golden
- 10 28, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it have the winding "wings"?)
- Asked about: 61W USB-C Power Adapter
Do they come with the inner-ear wing things (haha)? Like the Beats Tour Earbuds do..
- Asked by Jonathan M from Naperville
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they come with the inner-ear wing things (haha)? Like the Beats Tour Earbuds do..)
- Asked about: AirPods