How does the power adapter work? Why are there 2 flip up parts that seam to serve no purpose? Why does the heavy cord separate from the adapter?
2 Answers from the Community
Tue "ears" that flip up are for coiling (spindling) up the adapter wire.
The heavy cord is detachable to allow you to change another plug in. The other plug is cordless and when you use the adapter with it the adapter goes directly to the plug. Both plugs are provided with the adapter.
- Answered by Petri S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
1) How does it work?
Man! You plug it to your computer and provided that you plugged the other end into the power supply you will get some "juice"!
2) Why are there these 2 flip parts?
Alright , this is not obvious, but these will allow you to wrap the attached to it cable around these two flip parts.
3) Why the heave cord can be separated from the adapter?
It is because you don't always need this extension!
- Answered by Nicolas B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use the same extension cord that came with the previous generation power adapter? (I think it's part no. 922-9173)
- Asked by Lawrence F from Calabasas
- 11 25, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the same extension cord that came with the previous generation power adapter? (I think it's part no. 922-9173))
- Asked about: 87W USB-C Power Adapter
Will magic mouse 2 work with MacBook Pro 13" (Thunderbolt 3)
- Asked by Laurie K from Woodland
- 01 18, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Will magic mouse 2 work with MacBook Pro 13" (Thunderbolt 3))
- Asked about: Magic Mouse 2
what is the purpose of the usb ethernet adapter
- Asked by Sheryl J from Farmington Hills
- 06 22, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the purpose of the usb ethernet adapter)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter