i don't understand, are there two sound ports in the earbud? also, how does the remote work?
- Asked by Laura S from Charleston
- Flag as inappropriate (i don't understand, are there two sound ports in the earbud? also, how does the remote work?)
3 Answers from the Community
The remote is very simple: there are three buttons in a column, a small rectangle about parallel with your cheek on the right-side wire. The top is volume up, the bottom is volume down. The middle button has many functions: tap once = play/pause, double tap = next track, triple tap = previous track, hold = siri, and I don't have an iPhone but I presume that you can use it to answer calls.
- Answered by Matt G from Acton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
the new earpods are designed with 3 sound ports: the one on the stem and at the top of the earpod help direct airflow and reduce pressure, allowing for more bass and greater sound quality - they also act in some noise cancellation. the main speaker at the front is designed to push your music in a direct stream through your air canal for sound pick up and a wider range of frequencies heard, rather then the previous model just making sound reverberate off your ear and make your way to your ear canal, losing quality.
Hope this helps :)
- Answered by Julian M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
There is one sound port and a hole which lets air escape. This works similarly to an open baffle speaker design and allows the EarPods to have increased bass. The remote works by clicking a central button area for iPod controls/ activate siri/answer calls. There are + and - buttons which control volume.
- Answered by Patrick H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does the passthrough 30-pin port also work for music playback?
- Asked by Alexander K from Rockville Centre
- 05 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the passthrough 30-pin port also work for music playback?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
Is this cable used to transfer files between two macs?
- Asked by Kiyomi R from Carpinteria
- 03 20, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this cable used to transfer files between two macs?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…