I have unusually small ear canals and use the smallest adapters on various in-ear buds. Will these fit and stay in?
1 Answer from the Community
Answering my own question: Yes! My ear canals are so small, my doctor said they qualify for being "deformed," but these fit!
They are far more comfortable than even the smallest in-ear kind, and stay in much better. Also, the sound is better than my previous favorites.
The way they fit is using a squashed-cone-shape, so that they point at, but are not inserted into, the ear canal. They hold on the fleshy area surrounding the canal.
A benefit of that is when I pause my tunes, I can hear outside conversation well enough that removing them is something I do out of courtesy, not necessity. This also means that I have greater awareness of my surroundings even when I have the volume up.
I love my old pair of other-brand earbuds, but keeping up with the smallest adapters was a chore; further, they did not have the sound quality, nor did they stay in as well, as these EarPods.
I decided to try these primarily because my old set did not have a mic for Skype and Siri communication, nor volume control-- but I had low expectation for fitting me. What a pleasant surprise.
1) I wear dark colors, and white wires on my dark shirts is ugly.
2) The jack is "straight-in" and so will be its weakest point. (I bought a 3.5mm, 4-pole, 90 degree, adapter to resolve that leading cause of premature earbud/headphone death).
3) The wires are thinner than I would like. No doubt this is an engineering trade-off due to the manner in which these stay in the ear (too much weight pulling on them would be uncomfortable after awhile), but since I have always worn mine draped from behind my neck and resting on each shoulder, thicker wires would be an improvement.)
- Answered by Walter C G from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
So the "ear pods" are they a "one size fits all"? That hasn't worked well for me with ear buds...small ears.
- Asked by Michelle M from Chickasha
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (So the "ear pods" are they a "one size fits all"? That hasn't worked well for me with ear buds...small ears.)
- Asked about: AirPods
How is the "fit" of them in your ear?
- Asked by Sharon L T from Sunland
- 06 13, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (How is the "fit" of them in your ear?)
- Asked about: urBeats Earphones - Black
Will the air buds stay in your ears during a workout or a run?
- Asked by Jed S from Farmington
- 10 18, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the air buds stay in your ears during a workout or a run?)
- Asked about: AirPods