Why there is no mention of backup for Windows in the new version/model?
1 Answer from the Community
The time capsule does not officially support windows backup, although that is not always clear in the descriptions. The time capsule is formatted in such a way that both windows and Mac can access the hard drive over a network. When I was on windows vista it backed up perfectly, however windows 7 removed the ability to network backup. I have not since been able to find a program that will allow me to back up.
I now only back up the macs in the house and update any new photos/ videos on the time capsule. I use Dropbox for our documents, and so I have avoided needing to back up windows, which is generally quite a clunky experience anyway.
Hope this helps! Any questions feel free to ask
- Answered by Thomas A
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How can I use the superdrive to backup my Macbook Air?
- Asked by Sandy R
- 09 21, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use the superdrive to backup my Macbook Air?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
Can I use this keyboard with Windows?
- Asked by Tyler S from Lees Summit
- 12 23, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard with Windows?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - US English
No answers yet
What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.
- Asked by Chris H from Marmong Point
- 12 30, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best way to connect a retina macbook with a new 2TB time capsule? USB/ethernet adaptor does not transfer data.)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…