Can AirPort Extreme back up a USB attached disk (storage) to a second USB attached disk (backup) using Time Machine?
I'm running Mavericks Server on a MacBook Pro and an older AirPort Extreme. Before purchasing the latest AirPort (for the purpose of networked backups) I want to confirm this is possible.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. I do exactly what you're describing. I have my iTunes library stored on a separate drive attached via USB, and Time Machine backs all of it up without you having to tell it to (meaning that's the default condition; you actually have to go into Settings and tell Time Machine *not to* back up attached drives). So you're good to go.
- Answered by Kurt W. Y from Irvine
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I back up an externally connected disk?
- Asked by Sajid A from Fulton
- 09 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I back up an externally connected disk?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
what attachment do i need for a San Disk 4GB card
- Asked by Kate M from Summerfield
- 01 26, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (what attachment do i need for a San Disk 4GB card)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter