If i get this do i just set it up and it works as wifi for my whole home? or do i have to work through direct tv still?
I am confused if i need to have internet already set up and if i do will this just make it faster or with internet does it have to be hooked up to something? I am about to be a new home owner and have no clue as to how any of this works
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, you need to have an internet signal coming into your house from an internet service provider, be it direct tv, comcast, verizon, etc. You then connect the airport extreme to the modem you get from the ISP with an ethernet cable. The Airport Extreme then serves as a router, creating a wireless network and distributing the signal to your computer or other devices, either wirelessly, or by ethernet cable for, say, a computer that is close enough to the Airport Extreme to run an ethernet cable. Can also put a printer on your network for sharing among multiple computers. In my opinion, the Airport Extreme works better than most any other router you can buy and mine has lasted longer than any other router I have owned by a long shot.
- Answered by David H from Chevy Chase
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?
- Asked by Shilpa M from Mumbai
- 12 12, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I know if my television set is compatible with Apple TV?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
Can i get a specific link on a working DVI to whatever is needed to connect to a Sylvania television?
- Asked by Jennifer M from East Hampton
- 11 14, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i get a specific link on a working DVI to whatever is needed to connect to a Sylvania television?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter