Does the pencil/iPad Pro combo have palm rejection?
My biggest problem with the iPad and using it for drawing/painting (I'm an artist) is that I cannot rest my palm on the tablet. The forces a very awkward way of drawing, such that I was never happy with it and simply gave up! I've been getting mixed information on this feature/function, could someone please tell me once and for all if resting your palm on the iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil rejects other input, preventing stray marks on the screen?
- Asked by Darren S from Bethel Park
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the pencil/iPad Pro combo have palm rejection?)
4 Answers from the Community
I think it depends on the app. Onenote, definitely, has an option that only recognizes the pencil for writing (can still scroll, zoom, etc, with fingers)
- Answered by Rajko R from Cambridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I has the same problem, now gone with the Apple Pencil _,it is a bluetoothndevice that you have to pair with the Pro, which then recognises the pen input as different from your hand. the pen will draw, the hand will not, and this regardless of the app you are using.
For the same reason (I think) there are some gestures that work with your fingers/hands, but not the pencils, such as swiping from the right to get a screen vie, or swiping from the top to access the notification centre.
I think the pencil won't work with non pro iPad models.
- Answered by Paola M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The plam rejection is dependent on the app, but everything I've used with it thus far does it.
- Answered by Andrew W from Dearborn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
seems like resting the palm on the device THEN the pencil helps.. i've brushed the surface with my hand and it draws something... rest the palm and then the pencil and it seems to work as advertised...
- Answered by Mark B from Spring Valley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Looking for a combo charger and extension cord for ipod touch.
- Asked by Charles F from Roanoke
- 06 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Looking for a combo charger and extension cord for ipod touch.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Is is for the new mac pro?
- Asked by Ivan G from Hot Springs
- 02 4, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Is is for the new mac pro?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 4GB 1866MHz DDR…