Am i needed to keep the casing with me all the time or can i just pick and AirPod put it in my ear and leave the case behind? Is it needed?
Does the casing acts as a middle point and transmits recieved bluetooth to AirPods via radio frequency or does the AirPods themselves connect to iPhone etc. and the casing is just for charging?
2 Answers from the Community
Here is a better answer - it came from Apple's on-line description of the AirPods
Driven by the custom Apple W1 chip, AirPods use optical sensors and a motion accelerometer to detect when they’re in your ears. Whether you’re using both AirPods or just one, the W1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone. And when you’re on a call or talking to Siri, an additional accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out background noise and focus on the sound of your voice. Because the ultralow-power W1 chip manages battery life so well, AirPods deliver an industry-leading 5 hours of listening time on one charge.(2) And they’re made to keep up with you, thanks to a charging case that holds multiple additional charges for more than 24 hours of listening time.(3) Need a quick charge? Just 15 minutes in the case gives you 3 hours of listening time.(4)
- Answered by Charles M from Virginia Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, you don't need the case to be around in order to keep your AirPods connected to a device.
- Answered by Gonçalo M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Is it possible to bypass the battery & Bluetooth by simply leaving the USB charging cable plugged in all the time like a traiditional wired keyboard?
- Asked by Bryan M from Edmond
- 04 7, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to bypass the battery & Bluetooth by simply leaving the USB charging cable plugged in all the time like a traiditional wired keyboard?)
- Asked about: Magic Keyboard - US English
I have a Telstra Wireless Modem Router,connected to the wall and that's all I need to get a functional wireless internet. Can AirPortTC replace this?
- Asked by Marne P from Nambour
- 06 22, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Telstra Wireless Modem Router,connected to the wall and that's all I need to get a functional wireless internet. Can AirPortTC replace this?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB