Will AirPods work as equivalent to hearing aids for those user who is hard of hearing?
I use hearing aids to listen music thru speakers excellent but not using headphones due to closed air space that making hearing aids white noise and/or pink noise sound. Hope, I can use this AirPods to replace with hearing aids.
- Asked by Peter N from Flint
- Flag as inappropriate (Will AirPods work as equivalent to hearing aids for those user who is hard of hearing?)
1 Answer from the Community
If I understand your question correctly, you are wondering if AirPods can replace hearing aids when you listen to music.
AirPods are not replacements for hearing aids. If your hearing is deficient in specific frequencies, AirPods will not boost those frequencies selectively. Fortunately, the sound quality of AirPods is substantially superior to EarPods or other open-air ear buds and you may very well notice a difference in what you can hear compared to traditional ear buds. Go to an Apple Store and listen to a pair. Bring your own iPhone and favourite music so you can make a more valid comparison.
- Answered by Rob W from Calgary
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use it as a hearing aid?
- Asked by Delbert N from Champaign
- 02 26, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use it as a hearing aid?)
- Asked about: EarPods with 3.5 mm Headphone Plug
Does the TTY adapter accept an induction coil neck loop for hearing aid users?
- Asked by Lorelei W from Brenham
- 08 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the TTY adapter accept an induction coil neck loop for hearing aid users?)
- Asked about: Apple iPhone TTY Adapter