Can this adapter also act as a mini displayport for me to connect my monitor through or is it only with with Thunderbolt?
If this does not act as a mini displayport then what USB-C adapter can I use to connect my Dell U3014 to the displayport to get the maximum resolution of 2560 X 1600 at 60Hz versus 3rd party adapters that are limited to 30Hz.
1 Answer from the Community
No. See Apple support document HT207266 "About the compatibility of the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter".
You need one of these USB-C cables (not Thunderbolt 3):
USB-C to DisplayPort cable
USB-C to Mini DisplayPort cable
Other possibilities (less desirable) are:
USB-C to HDMI passive adapter (DisplayPort dual mode)
USB-C to HDMI 2.0 active adapter
USB-C to Dual Link DVI adapter
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will a Mini DisplayPort connector on a Dual-Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort adapter plug into a thunderbolt port on the new cylindrical Mac Pro and work?
- Asked by Nathan T from Alpine
- 09 27, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a Mini DisplayPort connector on a Dual-Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort adapter plug into a thunderbolt port on the new cylindrical Mac Pro and work?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
connect this to thunderbolt display
- Asked by Dewey N from Dunedin
- 01 24, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (connect this to thunderbolt display)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter