Can this adapter be used on a Windows platform/OS?
- Asked by Otis W from Brampton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used on a Windows platform/OS?)
3 Answers from the Community
If you are attempting to connect a Thunderbolt 3 device to a Thunderbolt 2 computer, or to connect a Thunderbolt 2 device to a Thunderbolt 3 computer, then yes, this adapter will work regardless of platform/OS.
- Answered by Thomas N from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I used the adapter on a Windows 10 PC to connect a Thunderbolt 2 dock to the motherboard's Thunderbolt 3 adapter. It didn't work until I tried the other Thunderbolt 2 connector on the dock.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I just got one, and no, not under Windows 7. It claims the device/cable is unsupported.
- Answered by Robert B from Milton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?
- Asked by Achillefs P
- 06 15, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with parallels windows virtual machine ?)
- Asked about: Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Ada…